Doctorpreneurs is delighted to have been appointed as an official sponsor for the NHS England Clinical Entrepreneur Programme. We are excited to be working in partnership with this national programme to help nurture an even greater number of innovative and entrepreneurial clinicians across the NHS.
The Clinical Entrepreneur Programme has been co-designed by NHS England and Health Education England to offer opportunities for doctors and the wider health professionals to develop their entrepreneurial aspirations during their clinical training period.
The programme, which was launched by Sir Bruce Keogh in 2016, is designed to keep the most forward-thinking, entrepreneurial clinicians within this country, bringing the benefit of cutting-edge new treatments and care pathways to the patients who need it – and keeping more of the money generated within the British economy. It offers opportunities for NHS staff to develop their entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial aspirations by helping to develop and scale their most innovative idea.
The wider partnerships supporting the programme are:
- Health Education England – (lead on behalf of the English Deans)
- National Institute for Health Research
- General Medical Council
- Cabinet Office
- UKTI/Healthcare UK
- Innovate UK
- AHSN networks
- NHS Providers
- Public Health England
- NHS Improvement
- NHS Digital
The programme offers:
- Time for entrepreneurial activity – individual discussions to explore appropriate options such as less than full time training, annualised job planning, time out from clinical duties.
- Mentoring and coaching – from an acclaimed international faculty including commercial, financial, clinical, academic, managerial, third sector and public sector leaders and achievers.
- Entrepreneurial placements/internships – with industry, third sector, social enterprises and public sector organisations with both partner funded and self-funding options.
- Facilitation of relationships with commercial organisations to develop their business and procurement knowledge.
- Education – commercially relevant opportunities including expert webinars, video content, e-learning and flexible university interoperable/recognised accredited modules that can be used towards PGCert, PGDip, Masters and undergraduate/intercollated qualifications for interested students.
- Pit Stop educational events focused on creating successful start-up businesses held throughout the year.
- Bringing together complimentary high value programmes e.g. ENTIQ, NHS Innovation Accelerator, AHSN, Health box, Rock Health, Leo Innovation Labs, Startup Health.
- Funding – signposting, finding, connecting to investment sources.
- Networking events – regional and national events coordinated through AHSN and other organisations
The programme is led by Professor Tony Young, the National Clinical Lead for Innovation, NHS England
Year 4 launch
We anticipate that the 2019 application process will open in March 2019. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to our application notification list. A link to the application portal will be made available on this web page in due course.
For more information please see https://www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/innovation/clinical-entrepreneur/